Kill-A-Watt Krackdown is a commercial building energy challenge sponsored by the VIEW partnership, a collaboration between Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Southern California Edison and Southern California Gas Company.
The Krackdown is a fun and friendly competition designed to save you money on your operating costs. We are challenging commercial businesses to make measurable and lasting changes in the way they consume energy and improve their operating costs.
Businesses will benchmark their energy usage through ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager. Throughout the challenge they will be taking steps to lower the energy they consume by either conservation, energy upgrades and equipment updates.
At the end of the competition, performance levels for each business will be assessed through ENERGY STAR® and the highest performers will be awarded.
Participating buildings must be small to medium in size and must be located within the following areas:
- City of Corcoran
- City of Dinuba
- City of Farmersville
- City of Hanford
- City of Lemoore
- City of Lindsay
- City of Porterville
- City of Tulare
- City of Visalia
- City of Woodlake
- Kings County
- Tulare County
Benefits of Participating
By participating in this annual community challenge your business can benefit in the following ways:
- Improve your bottom line
- Reduce your operating costs and increase your property value.
- Recognized as an energy leader in your community
- Free promotion and recognition for your participation in the challenge.
- Receive free technical and resource assistance
- Access to local energy experts who can point you in the right direction.
What Are the Steps Involved in the Challenge?
- Register with VIEW
- Create a profile in ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager Click Here
- Request your utility data to be downloaded into Portfolio Manager from your utility
- Connect and share your property with Kill-A-Watt Krackdown
- Start the benchmarking process
- Conduct an energy assessment or review of the building
- Identify incentives, rebates and upgrade information for work to be completed
- Implement work and energy goal
- Measure and track energy use and savings in ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager
The Krackdown Cup
This award will be determined by a jury of energy insiders. It will honor superior energy management, overcoming unique obstacles and emphasizing energy efficiency through no-and low-cost practices.
Greatest Improvement in Efficiency
This award will honor the building that makes the greatest percentage gain in energy reduction during the challenge period.
Most Efficient Building in Efficiency
This award will go to the building or plant with the highest Energy Performance rating at the end of the challenge.
All Participants that enter the competition will be awarded certificates of participation.